Is there anything better than a quick and easy dinner that is also delicious? We love this vegan avocado pesto pasta made by the folks at ChooseVeg.com.
Watch as they whip up this dish that will easily make your mouth drool! Recipe included below
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ cup pine nuts or cashews
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 bunch fresh basil, reserve some leaves for garnish
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic in a food processor. Process until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss pasta with pesto dressing in a bowl. Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf. Enjoy!